gh workflow run
gh workflow run [<workflow-id> | <workflow-name>] [flags]
Create a workflow_dispatch event for a given workflow.
This command will trigger GitHub Actions to run a given workflow file. The given workflow file must support a workflow_dispatch 'on' trigger in order to be run in this way.
If the workflow file supports inputs, they can be specified in a few ways:
- via -f or -F flags
- As JSON, via STDIN
- Add a string parameter in key=value format, respecting @ syntax
- Read workflow inputs as JSON via STDIN
- Add a string parameter in key=value format
- The branch or tag name which contains the version of the workflow file you'd like to run
Options inherited from parent commands
- Select another repository using the [HOST/]OWNER/REPO format