gh issue create
Create a new issue
gh issue create [flags]
- Assign people by their login. Use "@me" to self-assign.
- Supply a body. Will prompt for one otherwise.
- Read body text from file (use "-" to read from standard input)
- Add labels by name
- Add the issue to a milestone by name
- Add the issue to projects by name
- Recover input from a failed run of create
- Supply a title. Will prompt for one otherwise.
- Open the browser to create an issue
Options inherited from parent commands
- Select another repository using the [HOST/]OWNER/REPO format
# Create an issue interactively ~/Projects/my-project$ gh issue create Creating issue in owner/repo ? Title My new issue ? Body [(e) to launch nano, enter to skip] http://github.com/owner/repo/issues/1 ~/Projects/my-project$
# Create an issue using flags ~/Projects/my-project$ gh issue create --title "Issue title" --body "Issue body" http://github.com/owner/repo/issues/1 ~/Projects/my-project$
In the browser
// Quickly navigate to the issue creation page ~/Projects/my-project$ gh issue create --web Opening https://github.com/owner/repo/issues/new in your browser. ~/Projects/my-project$